Thursday, June 21, 2012

6/20/12

Two days in, and I'm already messing things up. I worked yesterday, so I suppose technically it was not funemployment. It was a pretty pleasant day though. We shot in the courtyard at Pasadena City Hall, gussied up like a European plaza where one might enjoy a glass of wine in a cafe and sing about dogs...well the characters were singing about dogs anyhow. While I did get rather sick of the song, not being a huge fan of the musical genre in the first place, the weather was lovely and the people agreeable.



The best part of the day came when I left work (naturally), and went to Alex's where he cooked me dinner and basically forced me to watch Casablanca. Turns out I'm very glad he did. I know it's crazy that I had never seen it before last night, but you know a lot of so-called classics feel very dated when you watch them now. Not so with Casablanca. It feels very modern in certain ways. The romance is engaging, and it's interesting to think that this WWII film was made in 1941when the US had just gotten involved in the war. It must have made it that much more effective for contemporary audiences. Now I understand why that film and it's stars are so iconic. Late to the party, I know. Here's lookin' at you, kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment