Sunday, July 1, 2012

6/30/12 - Pie for Breakfast

I woke up absurdly late, at nearly 11. I think sleeping this much begets more sleepiness. It only seemed fitting that that kind of laziness should be rewarded with pie and ice cream for breakfast.



Oh man, it was so good with a cup of Earl Grey tea. Heaven. I think Alex liked it too.


In my morning internet perusal, I found something very interesting: an open casting call for an "Exciting new cooking show from ABC." Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson host, and the winner gets their own cooking show. The interesting thing is that they don't just want chefs. Basically anybody that cooks or is into food can apply. So even though it was too late for me to attend the casting call yesterday, I can still send in a video. And I think I just will. Why the heck not?

I had a voice lesson yesterday, for the first time in a few weeks. It was nice to be back. I went home and washed my apricot dishes. I played my bass for a while. Sunken Ships is playing Monday night at The Satellite, so I needed to get those songs back on my mind's front burner. Here's a shot from the last time we played The Satellite (credit: David Benjamin).


I worked on my application for the cooking show for a bit, then I realized I needed help thinking up good answers. So naturally, I went to Alex's, and we brainstormed for a while. Then we made outstanding delicious burgers.


I put Trader Joe's "Everyday Seasoning" in the meat, along with some minced garlic and onions. I topped the patties with fontina cheese, sauteed onions, fried egg, sliced beets, arugula, and avocado, with some whole grain mustard on the gluten-free bun. Damn. That was a whole lot of deliciousness. I don't why I've been craving burgers lately, but I do know I ate 1/2 a pound of beef last night. Yeesh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment