Thursday, July 19, 2012

7/18/12 - Cherry Pie and a Hangover

I woke up with a hangover. Too much fun with April the night before. I grabbed a coconut water, a scone, and my laptop and got back into bed, until, ehem, 11:30-ish. I chatted with Becky for while, then I made myself some tea and cleaned the kitchen. I spent a good long time going through my little song journal, playing my guitar and singing in my hoarse end-of-cold voice, revisiting a bunch of songs I've been neglecting for a while. I write some good shit.

A song I wrote in February. I was sad. Maybe you can tell.

I had to do something to get "Hot Knife" out of my head. Seriously, I'm obsessed with that song. It really grows on you.

My travelogue of Spain is taking a little longer than expected. I have the book now. I printed out the photos from Madrid - this time editing more carefully - and weeded through the ones from Barcelona. Otherwise, this book is going to end up wedge-shaped.

Just you wait. I haven't gotten out the ticket stubs and ephemera yet!

I've had 3 pounds of cherries in the fridge, just waiting to be made into something wonderful. So I finally got around to making them into a pie.


The lattice looks a little sad. I didn't have quite enough dough left, but I didn't let that stop me.

We had a Sunken Ships band meeting at 9 at Public House. It turned out to be trivia night, so perhaps not the quietest environment to talk business, but we are a band. We're kind of used to loud noises.

I was hoping Alex would be out of work by then so I could load him up with scones, but alas, more scones for me. There are worse things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment