Monday, July 2, 2012

Flashback! - Making Gnocchi with Haley

Some really great stuff happened in this period of funemployment, BEFORE I started writing the blog. So I've decided that when I have sort of dull days, I'll write a Flashback! post. This one is from my sister's visit. We made dinner for Rickett and Alex, and it was awesome: beet ricotta gnocchi with chard and multi-herb pesto (no basil), and a mache salad with pea sprouts, radishes, heirloom tomatoes, and nectarines. Yummers!

Heartbeet

We used golden and strawberry beets

My beautiful sous chef

Mmm, greens

Chard!

The first course: my fabulous salad, Spanish cheeses with dulce de membrillo and gluten-free crostini

Alex's contribution

Love

My favorite people

Beet gnocchi on a bed of chard with herb pesto and grated parmesan




I was there too!

I almost forgot! There was strawberry rhubarb pie.




1 comment: